Wednesday 12 May 2021

I am Pent,

Iamb, iamb, iamb, iamb, iamb.

I know, I know, I know, I know! I know
you’re such a bore when plodding on, a shire
in chains to tug an oak in ways no po-
et wants to trek for all eternity.
So much pent up to pant in time with feet;
those tripsy five you got in bygone years,
you signed them up, that never changing beat,

and here they stay - to bore me with their clop.
I’m trapped by laws your ego backed, not free
to trust myself. I’m done. I’m doomed, I’m doomed!
I fret and frown. I flop and faint and f
                                                           a
                                                             d
                                                               e.
But now I’m not, you’re not. You’re not, you’re not,
you’re not.

No comments:

Post a Comment