Sunday 11 October 2020

New Blogger Format


 I am less than happy. The new format introduced in September will only allow double spacing, on 'Normal' as well as 'Paragraph,' not the single spacing I need. I'm a poet and write in discrete lines, not continuous lines as for prose. I've tried everything: altering the line height in the HTML source; posting to the Google/Blogger community; informing techies via Blogger feedback; going online to see if anyone has come up with a solution or workaround; asking friends who are tech savvy. Result? Nothing.

View the problem in the poem below this post - now solved.

Some doofus of a Google techie needs to take note and act. Meanwhile, I can only apologise to people who read my blog. I don't want to start a new one elsewhere as it would mean transposing all my previous posts here - an enormous task - but I will if the problem isn't solved. Google, you are on warning! 

Problem solved. It seems you have to press SHIFT/ENTER for every single line - annoying if you have a long poem. Of course, Blogger techies told nobody about the workaround; users found out by experimenting. Anyway, I hope the information above is useful to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment